Hours: 32.5 hours per week across 4.5 days (includes Saturday working)
Contract Type: 3-year, fixed term contract
Do you have an NVQ level 3 in Health or Social Care, Youth Work or Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities, Teaching & Training (or recognised equivalent)?
Are you confident in your knowledge of the needs of learning disabled children, young people and young adult best practices including person-centred planning, active support and people’s rights to lead an ordinary live?
Highly organised with an able to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure?
Lifeworks want to hear from you!
With 20 years of success, Lifeworks provides a wide range of programmes and services to support children and young adults with learning disabilities. We are now looking for a Coordinator to join our team on a fixed term contract and lead the development of the new EXTRAORDINARY YOUNG PEOPLE project commissioned by Children in Need 2018-2021.
"Extraordinary Young People" will be designed and developed in partnership with learning disabled young people, joining the process through their participation in Lifeworks Young Volunteers programme, which has served as a pilot for "Extraordinary Young People."
Your Job will include
- Supporting learning disabled young people, participate as young volunteers across Lifeworks Community Projects.
- To lead on the delivery of Lifeworks Youth Group for learning disabled young people and adults age 14-25. Please note this involves Saturday working
- To enable learning disabled young people to lead on the development and delivery of project work across Lifeworks Community Projects.
- To support young volunteers and leaders gain accreditation and formal recognition of their work and facilitate their learning and progression on an individual basis.
- To provide practical support to enable Lifeworks Youth Group to develop their own activity programme including the development of an annual residential.
We are a well-established charity that provides an excellent range of staff benefits including 28 days’ annual leave, a company pension scheme, childcare vouchers, staff discount scheme, ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment. Lifeworks are also accredited Disability Confident Employers.
Lifeworks is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and young adults and they expect all staff to share this commitment. For this post, pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop an engaging career with a forward-thinking charity.
Closing Date: 5pm on Wednesday 20th June, 2018
Interview Dates: Monday 25th June, 2018
To apply for the role of Young Volunteers Coordinator, please visit https://www.lifeworks-uk.org/work-for-us/vacancies/