VOYC Devon Membership and How to Join ...
Membership of VOYC Devon is FREE
The BENEFITS of membership include:
- An essential weekly Children & Young People News bulletin straight to your inbox - highly topical, invaluable local and national news, training and events, funding and analysis of hot topics and key policy areas
- Discounted training including child protection training for local and network members
- Access to hands-on practical help, guidance and support in running your children or young people's club or service
- Latest local funding, training and opportunities
- The benefit of being part of a larger network with a strong VOYC at a strategic county level
Why Join Us?
VOYC Devon is an independent charity set up in the 1960’s by Devon’s voluntary and community youth organisations. It exists to ensure the development and recognition of a vibrant, sound and diverse voluntary and community children and young people’s sector that involves, empowers and meets the needs and aspirations of children and young people by strengthening and supporting the work of its network.
Its Aims are to:
champion and strengthen the informal learning offer of the not for profit Children and Young People Organisations in Devon by:
• Promoting good practice, efficiency and effectiveness of not for profit organisations working with or for children and young people up to 25 years of age.
• Providing timely and relevant information and advice in all aspects of work with children and young people.
• Vigorous representation at all appropriate levels, of the interests of its members in the furtherance of their work with children and young people.
There are Three Categories of VOYC Membership:
- Individual Group
Network Membership is open to those youth organisations that are members of a national youth organisation such as Scouts or Air cadets.
Individual Local Group / Organisation Membership is open to any not for profit organisation within the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Sector, who is working with or supporting work with children and young people in Devon.
Associate Membership is for those Agencies and Voluntary Organisations that are supportive of the aims of VOYC and want to receive information about the children and young people's sector from VOYC.
The Cost? Membership is currently FREE!
Organisations/individual groups interested in membership should:-
- Contact VOYC Devon for an application pack
- Download a form to join as a Network Member
- Download a form to join as a Individual Group/Organisation Member
- Download a form to join as an Associate Member
If you're not sure which category Membership you fall into please call the office on 01392 250976.
Membership Principles of VOYC Devon
VOYC aims to be a fully inclusive organisation that truly represents the voluntary youth sector in Devon. It will endeavour to involve all organisations who are currently under-represented in its network, in particular BME youth organisations, organisations working with disabled young people, organisations that pioneer new approaches to youth work and organisations working with marginalised children and young people as well as ensuring full geographical coverage.
VOYC supports the principle of equal opportunities in its employment practice, service delivery and through its role as advocate for the wider children and young people's sector. We are committed to providing services for everyone, regardless of age, colour, race, disability, religious belief, HIV status, marital status or sexual orientation. We expect that all members will be actively committed to the improvement of equal opportunities.
VOYC actively welcomes new members and is keen to work with as wide a range of organisations/individual groups who subscribe to its aims and objectives as possible.
Current VOYC Members